Sanskrit name: Vrksasana.
The yoga pose where the weight of the torso is supported by one leg, the other foot resting on the opposite thigh, hands clasped together above the head, eyes looking forward.
Recommendations and precautions:
- Not recommended during the last weeks of pregnancy or for overweight persons.
- In case of high blood pressure, hands will not be raised.
- Practiced moderately in case of headaches, low blood pressure or insomnia.
Improves balance and posture
- Increases focus
- Opens the hips
- Strengthens the ankles
- Invigorates leg, back and chest muscles
- Alleviates sciatica symptoms
- Helps reduce flatfoot
Enter the pose and feel your body. Do not allow yourself to think of the past, future or for your mind to wander. Remain here.
Practice the Tree pose during Yogilates classes. Learn more here.