Sanskrit name: Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
The yoga pose where, the body laying down on the floor, looking up, with the head and hands on the floor, abdomen is arching upwards to the sky.
Recommendations and precautions:
- There must be no pressure put on one’s neck in this pose
- Not recommended if you have neck problems
- Stretches the neck, chest, spine and hips
- Strengthens the legs and the lumbar area
- Improves digestion and blood flow
- Stimulates the lungs, thyroid gland and abdominal organs
- Helps alleviate symptoms caused by tired feet and menopausal effects
- Therapeutic posture for hypertension, osteoporosis and sinusitis
This pose activates the entire body. Feel the energy flowing through you and, in Carlos’ words, “Enjoy this moment!”
Practice the Bridge pose during Yogilates classes. Learn more here.